PAY £40.00 BOOKING FEE ONLY
The outstanding balance is to be paid 14 days before course date
BAMBOO MASSAGE COURSE
Massage With Bamboo
Bamboo Massage is a table massage or seated massage where the therapist uses warmed bamboo tools of varying lengths and diameter to roll, knead and relax muscles with deep tissue techniques and is beneficial in that it brings about increased circulation, relief of sore muscles and a deep state of relaxation. It is regarded as a body, face and limb massage that incorporates bamboo sticks of varying lengths and diameters to provide lymphatic drainage, relaxation and reshaping, simultaneously. Bamboo symbolizes suppleness and resilience, straightforwardness and simplicity; and the massage satisfies two major needs: relaxation and well-being.
Bamboo Massage is the latest treatment to take the West by storm. Its recent surge in popularity is down to the effectiveness and appeal of the treatment.
With the bamboo massage we also work at three levels of experience; they are the potential for impacting and changing our clients' responses. Those levels will overlap throughout the treatment and can be described as the physical, mental-emotional and spiritual levels.
The two main properties of quartz are piezo- and pyro-electricity. This is what produces an energetic charge, so unique that science and industry, as well as the metaphysical world, have been interested and using it for many years. Piezo-electricity is activated with pressure, and pyro-electricity with heat. As we work, we apply pressure to the body with the bamboo stick and the friction that is created will activate the molecular structure in the silica and we then have a powerful tool that is charged and will create dramatic and permanent changes.
Benefits to Clients:
Increases circulation due to more surface contact
· More pressure can be evenly administered to the client’s body
· Pressure is effectively maintained for longer periods of time
· More effective work can be done in a shorter amount of time
· The warmth from the bamboo aids in relaxation.
· Delivers an incredible sensation of relaxation and calm
· Reduces stress and fatigue
· Stimulates blood circulation
· Relieves muscular tension
· Aids in Lymphatic circulation
· Benefits clients both physically and emotionally
o Physical: Stimulation of the tissue by the bamboo sticks is believed to relive “sluggish state” by dissipating the heat that results from accumulation of toxins and poor circulation, much the same as what would occur through deep tissue work, trigger-point activation, or various acupressure techniques. Some recipients of bamboo massage have described these releases as a whole-body tingling or warming sensation.
o Mental-emotional: Emotionally, this therapy provides a total sense of relaxation.
Benefits to Practitioners:
Using the bamboo sticks minimizes stressing and straining the hands and fingers, while still allowing for deeply penetrating manoeuvres. At the same time, as we hold the bamboo sticks, that energy is transmitted to us, which will help us to maintain strong and healthy hands and wrists, the areas most susceptible to injury in our profession. Once you start working with the tools and learning how to feel through the bamboo, they become an extension of your hands and fingers. But the bamboo is also a channel for us, taking our massage to a more meaningful level, giving our work a new depth and dimension.
· Reduces fatigue and stress to the therapist’s hands, wrists and body. Gives a break to overworked thumbs, wrists and hands
· Expands less energy than deep tissue with hands
· Allows more deep tissue work for clients who want more without extra physical exertion from therapist
· Easy combines with other treatments to enhance client’s outcome
· This in turn allows the therapist to perform a more beneficial massage to their client as well as being able to massage for longer without fatigue
· Attention-getter at events and promotes curiosity of potential clients
Course Requirements: Must be qualified in Full Body Massage and Anatomy & Physiology
Course structure covers:
● History and benefits of Bamboo Massage
● Piezoeletric and Pyroelectric effects of using Bamboo during massage
● To learn about the Meridian System and acupressure points
● Your working environment
● Code of practice & insurance for therapists
● Consultation including contra-indications
● Contra-actions/ aftercare advice
● How to warm and use Bamboo sticks
● Correct pressure and application
● Marketing Advice
● Anatomy & physiology for this treatment
● The Oriental Bamboo Massage Therapy routine
This course is accredited by The Complementary Medical Association and The IICT you will attain Continuing Professional Development credits from the Complementary Medical Association.
Course length: 1 Day
Accreditation: 7 CPDs
If you do not see a date or location that suits your needs please contact us at 01933 224097 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org